Canine Pre-Inspection - What to Expect
- Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service will survey the areas to be inspected and provide the client with an estimate of service time. The owner has the right to stop the search at any time. (Hourly charge applies, we do not prorate)
- The canine team will consist of a NESDCA Certified K9 Team and a visual inspector.
- Each room will be inspected and areas of alert will be marked. Visual inspections will be performed. The number of visual inspection is dependent on the area, the amount of alerts and the areas the dog alerted on. (Note: It is not possible to visually verify the existence of all bed bugs due to size and location)
- All pets must be removed to an area not involved in the inspection.
- Pet food and water MUST be removed.
- No food or drinks must be left on floor, tables, or furniture.
- All potpourri, deodorizers, air fresheners etc. must be removed at least two hours prior to the inspection.
- Carpet deodorizers can significantly affect the outcome of the inspection. Please vacuum any deodorizer at least 24 hours prior to the inspection.
- All windows and doors must be closed at least two hours prior to the inspection.
- Heaters, air conditioners, ceiling fans etc. need to be turned off at least 30 minutes prior to our arrival.
- All rooms must have as much clutter removed as possible.
- Distractions can affect the dogs performance. Therefore we ask that all noise and human interactions be kept to a minimum. We encourage owner “observation”, but please leave the inspection to us.
- NO SMOKING at least 3 hour prior to our arrival or at any time during our visit.
- FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THE DOG AND THE ACCURACY OF THE INSPECTION, NO INSPECTION CAN TAKE PLACE WITHIN 45 DAYS OF ANY CHEMICAL TREATMENT.
** Failure to follow the above guidelines can significantly alter the outcome of your inspection.
** Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service reserves the right to refuse to search any area if any of the above steps are not taken
** Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service will not search any area that jeopardizes the safety of its staff or K9
** Additional fees may apply if a re-inspection is necessary due to non-compliance with the above checklist